Can finally handstand again! The left wrist is feeling much better. My handstands feel stronger already. Went for a slackline session on Sunday, the first in many weeks now that my ribs have healed as well. Was surprised to find how much easier the Chongo mount is now I have been working on my flexibility at home. Positive stuff!
Homework sessions now look like this, before breakfast.
2 X circuits of right shoulder rehab using low-strength Thera-band.
- External Rotation x 10 (right only)
- Internal Rotation x 10 (right only)
- Straight arm pull downs x 10 (both arms simultaneously)
- Resistance band adduction x 10 (right only)
- Teres minor internal rotation x 10 (right only)
- Teres minor external rotation x10 (right only)
Really feel my right rhomboid working on exercises 3 and 4.
- Seated Knee Extensions with Thera-band 3 sets x 10 (left only)
- 100 (with Thera-band for arms)
- Roll ups x 5
- Single Leg circles (with neck curl to look at hips) x 5 each leg (find it difficult to keep hips stable)
- Single leg stretch x 5 each leg
- Double leg stretch x 5
- Double leg lower lift x 5
(Try to do these 3 in sequence with no rest between)
- Swan x 3 (hold each for 3 breaths, 1 breath rest between)
- Forward and back x 10
- Raise and lower x 5
- Circles, both ways x 5
- Bottom leg lift x 10
- Teaser 1 with legs supported – x 3
- Teaser 3 x 2 sets of 3
- Teaser 4 x 3 (arm circles: 3 each way + shaving the head x 5)
- Teaser 3 (half down, then up) x 3
- Teaser 1 with legs supported (half down, then up) x 3
3 breaths rest between exercises.
Total time is about 40 minutes.
Today I had very mild twinges in the area of my S1 disc. No pain, however.
- Another great class. Amy spotted that in order to correct my hips (swinging out to the left and out of alignment), I need to activate the right side of my core/abs/obliques more and my right buttock. It’s a very subtle activation but it makes a lot of difference and means correct form and posture. That was the focus for today .
- My right shoulder is looking stronger, and isn’t dropping as much as it was. Homework with the Thera-band has been paying off.
- I was a little shaky in class – possibly too large a dose of Guarana powder before starting, combined with the excitement of going up to London after class to the Outdoors Show 2012!
- I was losing my connections at the peak of my inhalation breaths. That’s because breathing only into the back of your ribsis bloody difficult. I feel like I’m restricted in the amount of air I can take in! It’s currently a reflex action to let go of the connection so I can take more air in! The connection in question is my upper abdominal-to-ribs.If anyone has some tips for the Pilates breathing technique, please share!!