Universal Analytics is a major upgrade to Google Analytics. It introduced a series of features that change the way data is collected and organised in your account enabling you to get a better understanding of how visitors interact with your site.
Whilst Universal Analytics rolled out a few years ago many websites still use the older 'asynchronous version' of Google Analytics.
What New Features Does Universal Analytics Offer?
Universal Analytics offers access to improved data processing, new data collection methods and additional analytical tools. Key features include:
- Access to new tools and services
- A new more flexible tracking method enabling you to collect data from any digital device
- Access to new user centric reporting - for example stitching together visits from different devices via cross device tracking
- Simplified & more accessible configuration options via your account admin page
- The ability to create custom dimensions and metrics to collect data that’s unique to your business
- It makes it easier to stay up to date with new features and updates
Upgrading To Universal Analytics
Upgrading to Universal Analytics from either the synchronous or asynchronous versions is often relatively straightforward but requires some planning. We usually recommend an audit to ensure that any additional tracking is carried over to the new setup. If you'd like to find out more about what's involved and understand the advantages of upgrading get in touch and we'll be happy to talk you through the process.
How We Can Help
We offer a range of services that include:
- Migrations from older versions of Google Analytics to Universal Analytics
- Google Analytics setup & configuration
- Advanced tracking via Google Tag Manager
- Account audits & reviews
- Analytics & Reporting
Get In Touch